Monday, February 7, 2011

My Ever Expanding Culinary Talents.

Well it really is no big secret that I am not the person in the house that does the cooking. Sometimes though, it is required of me to cook some of the meals when Steve is on afternoon shifts. This week would be one of those times.
Life has been made so much easier for me since the George Foreman Grill has come into my house. Since we got the George Foreman at Christmas time, my Culinary horizons have been broadening. Slowly but surely.
It's better than always taking food out of a box and throwing it into the oven. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a good Frozen Delissio Pizza just as much as the next guy, but I guess Man can not live on boxed food alone.
It all started with a little dabbling here and there, Chicken Burgers, and Turkey burgers, and then some Angus Beef Burgers. Tonight I took it a little further and tried my hand at some Chicken Breasts. With the Chicken I made some Mashed Potatoes (Unfortunately out of a box) and Green Beans. It turned out not bad. Topped off with a nice cold Red Baron Lime beer and it really hit the spot!

1 comment:

Seansjeep said...

You gotta get your self a slow cooker, put your meal in the morning before work and its done when you get home, and with tons of leftovers after for more meals.