Friday, February 4, 2011

Another Year Older

Today is my birthday. 32 years old... where does the time go? I hate aging, I reflect too much on the past wondering where did my youth go? To me if feels like just last week I was a teenager. People keep telling you that you get better with age but I'm just not drinking that kool aid! lol.
I enjoy all the birthday wishes I get throughout the day, and now with facebook such an integral part of everyone's life my iPhone isn't going to stop flashing and buzzing all day long!
It is the little things that make it special. Like when you get up first thing in the morning and walk into the kitchen and find a card waiting for you on the counter. However there was no cake to be seen anywhere and this disturbs me! I made another complete trip around the Sun on this rock we call earth, and dammit I deserve to have some cake! Can someone make that happen?
Of course now that I am into my 30's everyone is going to start with the age jokes. I guess at my age I am going to have to trade in coffee and donuts in the morning for Cranberry Juice and Bran Flakes! ha ha! I am now pretty much twice the age of a lot of the people I work with at Zehrs, now if that don't put things in persepective and make me feel old I dont know what will! Should be interesting to see what the day holds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If I was still living with ya I would have made you a cake.... I like cake too. You won't get much petty from me on age I work with kids 1/3rd my age. Anyway enjoy your day and try to focus on the positive points of aging... you're half way to your Canada Pension ROFLMAO

William